Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DAY 6 PART II

Second part of the day we were discussion about confronting sterotypes. For me the one part of the exersice was hard... you may ask why? Beacuse for me there were too many bad memories being a vicitm, plus my experience was much more personal than others' in our group. I think the quartes exercise was a good one. To see situations in different ways through different roles you have played and to realize that sometimes you have been attacker too... :( Here I wanna apologize to everyone who I hurt somehow!

Third part of day we were preparing tomorrows practical session. In our group we divided who does what and then went to smaller groups to discuss. I was with Serkan and Rosi.
We thought what to do and how to do it. We had two subjects:
  • explore streotypes
  • confronting streotypes.
We agreed to use world cafe method (you can read about this method in English http://www.theworldcafe.com/)
The 4 topics what we choosed were:
  • What does " Stop labeling yourself" means ?
  • The Roots of discrimination
  • Anti-discrimination
  • Victim, Attacker, Bystander and Confronter

I think in the end of the day everyone could feel proud of themselves and the contribution they put into the work to make THE BEST PRACTICAL SESSION IN TARTU :D

Thanks teammates ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment